Sign My Guestbook

Sunday, August 5, 2007

Hello,
This will be my first post. Today is August 5, 2007. I started this blog so that I can share scrapbook pages with friends and family. I have been scrapbooking digitally for only about a year, so I am new at this but I am learning more everyday.

As some of you know, my dad just past away in January. At first, I was so busy taking care of everything that needed taking care of that I did not have time to think about it much. But now that things have slowed down, I realize just how much I miss him. And I realize how very important our memories are. I wanted to start this so that I could record the little day to day things that are so precious, you know the things you don't ever want to forget. I am going to begin this blog with a layout that I did to remember the bond that my dad had with my son. Some of you have already seen this layout, and most of you know how close my dad and Billy were. It is so sad sometimes to see Billy without my dad, because they were always together, now it seems that part of him is missing. I know that my dad is always with Billy. He will always be with Billy because Billy has so much of him in his heart. He has been gone for 6 months now and I am just now finding myself grieving over him, realizing it is just the little day to day things that I miss the most. The phone calls in the afternoon after work, sitting with him at football and baseball practice, listening to him cheer for the kids at their games, have him to call on day or night when my computer was doing something stupid that I could not fix. He was always there, not just for Billy but for all of his family. He was loving, kind, generous and comforting. We all miss him so very much.

0 comments: